Friday 29 May 2015

Keen Cover Friday: Kill Me Softly (Beau Rivage) by Sarah Cross

Hosted by Keep Booked
 
 
Kill Me Softly
by Sarah Cross
 
My pick for Keen Cover Friday this week is Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross, because I think the cover is really cool. I love the rose, half white, half red, and how the red float from the rose, and looks kind of like blood (I love roses in general, though, so maybe it's just because it's a rose). And I also think it's pretty cool with the thorns on the letters. It's pretty obvious, if you really look at the cover, which story it's based on.
 
Summary: Mirabelle's past is shrouded in secrecy, from her parents' tragic deaths to her guardians' half-truths about why she can't return to her birthplace, Beau Rivage. Desperate to see the town, Mira runs away a week before her sixteenth birthday—and discovers a world she never could have imagined.

In Beau Rivage, nothing is what it seems—the strangely pale girl with a morbid interest in apples, the obnoxious playboy who's a beast to everyone he meets, and the chivalrous guy who has a thing for damsels in distress. Here, fairy tales come to life, curses are awakened, and ancient stories are played out again and again.

But fairy tales aren't pretty things, and they don't always end in happily ever after. Mira has a role to play, a fairy tale destiny to embrace or resist. As she struggles to take control of her fate, Mira is drawn into the lives of two brothers with fairy tale curses of their own . . . brothers who share a dark secret. And she'll find that love, just like fairy tales, can have sharp edges and hidden thorns. (summary from Goodreads)

 

2 comments:

  1. The bloody rose is so cool! Wait, is this a retelling? Now I really have to read this :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! It's a re-telling of Sleeping Beauty. I haven't read it yet, but it sounds interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.