Saturday 2 May 2015

Swoon Worthy Saturday: Roth from The Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 
My pick for Swoon Worthy Saturday this week is Roth, aka Astaroth, Crown Prince of Hell, from The Dark Elements written by Jennifer L. Armentrout.
 
About Roth:
 
  • 18 years old
  • Over 6 feet tall
  • Physical appearance: ark hair the color of obsidian that curls over his forhead and just below his ears, broad cheekbones, arched eyebrows over golden eyes with thick lashes and pupils that are vertical slits when he first wakes up, bottom lip fuller than his top lip, long fingers, deep voice, tattoos (the snake Bambi, who moves on his body, 4 lines in another language on the side of his body, circular tattoo on his right pec, the dragon Thumper on his stomach, with the tail below Roth's pants, the three kittens Nitro, Thor and Fury, who are white, black and black and white).
  • Has a pierced tounge, among other things
  • Smells sweet, musky, sugary wine, chocolate, wild
  • His true form: polished onyx skin thinnedover bone, pupils stretched vertically and irises red-sometimes golden. Skin hardens, tips of dark wings have horns curved and sharpened to points, wings are 10 feet on each side, no horns.
  • He has no soul, knows when someone is going to Hell, can smell human emotions, can become invisible and make others invisible by holding their hand, persuasive, and his touch causes demons to catch on fire.
  • He drives a silver Porsche, likes muffins, reads Tales of Poe, gardens on the roof top, hums Paradise City.
 
Swoon Worthy moments:
 
"Free will, huh? Damn. It is a bitch." And then he smiled - he smiled - at me, a real smile, revealing those deep dimples. "I lost myself the moment I found you.”
Who doesn't swoon when reading that? That's just perfect.

"You've never been kissed before, have you?" 
"That's so not your business." I folded my arms as Roth waited for an answer. "I think it's obvious. I can't kiss anyone. You know, the whole soul-sucking thing makes it difficult." 
"Not if you're kissing someone who doesn't have a soul." 
I made a face. "And why would I kiss someone who doesn't-" 
He moved unbelievably fast. I didn't even have a chance to react. One second he was standing a good three feet away from me and the next his hands were gently clasping my cheeks. There was an instant when I wondered how something so strong and deadly could hold anything so carefully, but then he titled my head back and lowered his own."
If this doesn't have you swooning all over the place, I don't know what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.