Thursday 28 May 2015

Thursday Quotables: City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare


Welcome back to Thursday Quotables! This weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage discovered during your reading each week.  Whether it’s something funny, startling, gut-wrenching, or just really beautifully written, Thursday Quotables is where my favorite lines of the week will be, and you’re invited to join in!

This week, I picked City of Bones as my Thursday Quotables, because I am currently re-reading it, and I'm falling in love with the characters all over again, so here are some of my favorite quotes (although not all of them, but if I were to put all my favorite quotes from CoB here, this post would never end):
 
I just love Simon's sarcasm!
 


Now to some more sarcasm, this time by lovely Clary.


After all that sarcasm, we need something really meaningful. This quote has me crying everytime. I just want to jump inside the book and hug Jace. Or kiss him. I just don't know how Cassandra Clare can come up with all these perfect quotes. It's part of what makes her series so great. Re-reading TMI will definitely be as good an experience as it was the two first times I read it.

So, what did you think of the quotes? Did you love them as much as I did, or did you have another favorite part in the book? Or did you have another Thursday Quotables? Comment your thoughts!

4 comments:

  1. Great quotes! Especially the last one is really powerful :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. Cassie is really great at writing good quotes :)

      Delete
  2. It's been a while since I've read CoB -- I'd forgotten how much humor these is! I love the two sarcastic quotes -- such great attitude! The third one is so moving as well. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. There're a lot of great quotes to find, both funny and sarcastic and moving.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.