Wednesday 20 January 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices) by Cassandra Clare

 
I'm back! Sorry for the long leave, but now I'm back again.
 
Today, I picked Lady Midnight, the first book in the new series by Cassandra Clare. Now, I know a lot of people are upset because she's writing another series set in the same world, but I'm really looking forward to it. I'm really looking forward to reading about Emma and Julian. I liked them in City of Heavenly Fire, and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better.
Title: Lady Midnight
Author: Cassandra Clare
Genre: Young Adult, Urban Fantasy, Romance
Publication date: March 8th 2016
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Synopsis:
Los Angeles. It’s been five years since the events of the Mortal Instruments when Nephilim stood poised on the brink of oblivion and Shadowhunter Emma Carstairs lost her parents. After the blood and violence she witnessed as a child, Emma has dedicated her life to to discovering exactly what it was that killed her parents and getting her revenge.

Raised in the Los Angeles Institute with the Blackthorn family, Emma is paired as a parabatai with her best friend, Julian Blackthorn. A series of murders in the city catch her attention — they seem to have the same characteristics as the deaths of her parents. Could the murderer be the same person? And her attention isn’t the only one caught: someone has been murdering Downworlders as well. The Fair Folk make a deal with the Institute: if the Blackthorns and Emma will investigate the killings, they’ll return Mark Blackthorn to his home. The catch: they have only two weeks to find the killers. Otherwise it’s open war between faeries and Nephilim.

The Shadowhunters of the Institute must race against time to catch the killers, even as they begin to suspect the involvement of those closest to them. At the same time, Emma is falling in love with the one person in the world she’s absolutely forbidden by Shadowhunter Law to love. Set against the glittering backdrop of present-day Los Angeles, Emma must learn to trust her head and her heart as she investigates a demonic plot that stretches from the warlock-run nightclubs of the Sunset Strip to the enchanted sea that pounds the beaches of Santa Monica.
 
Book Links:
 
Do you look forward to reading this as much as I do? Or do you have another WoW? Tell me in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast this is coming up! I still haven't finished the final book in the TMI series. I need to get going! Thank you for sharing!


    WOW 

    Nat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I thought City of Heavenly Fire was a good ending of the series, and I really loved reading it. And I agree, it feels like recently that it was over a year left, and I wanted to weep because it was so far away!

      Delete
  2. I have never read anything by this author even though I see her name everywhere. I really need to check her out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! So far, I've loved, or at least really liked, all of her books :)

      Delete
  3. Cassandra Clare is easily my favorite author of all time. I can't wait for Lady Midnight! Time has passed so quickly that I barely noticed that the book is just over a month away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It feels like recently when it was ages until it would be released, and then it was just over a month away.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.