Friday 25 March 2016

Keen Cover Friday: Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe #1) by Rosamund Hodge

Hosted by Keep Booked
 
Hi guys! Sorry for my absence this week, but I've been really busy with school, I had some pretty big tests and such, but now I'm back, and I'll post more next week, since I'm on break! Yay! Okay, so this week, I've picked Cruel Beauty for my KCF. Here's why:
  • The colours. I love red, my room actually used to be red, and it looks so good on this cover with the gray, white and black of the stairs.
  • The rose. If you look at it, you can see that it's supposed to look kind of like a rose, the red parts are petals, and then the stairs mix in it, too. Look really closely, and you'll see it. It's super cool!
  • The fonts. I think the fonts match this cover perfectly, and I love the font used for the C in Cruel and the B in Beauty.
  • The whole of it. Yes, there are some awesome and cool details on this cover that I love, but I think that even if you don't look too closely at the cover, it looks really great. It's important that all parts of the cover works together, not just nice details, at least in my opinion.
 
Title: Cruel Beauty
Author: Rosamund Hodge
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: January 28th 2014
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Synopsis:
Graceling meets Beauty and the Beast in this sweeping fantasy about one girl's journey to fulfill her destiny and the monster who gets in her way-by stealing her heart.

Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.

Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.

With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she's ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.

But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle—a shifting maze of magical rooms—enthralls her.

As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex's secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love. (synnopsis from Goodreads)
 
What did you think about KCF? Do you have another KCF? Share your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.