Thursday 23 February 2017

Thursday Quotables: Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper #1) by Kerri Maniscalco


Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage discovered during your reading each week.  Whether it’s something funny, startling, gut-wrenching, or just really beautifully written, Thursday Quotables is where my favorite lines of the week will be, and you’re invited to join in!
This week, I have an amazing quote to share with you guys! It's from Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, which was such an amazing read! If you haven't read it yet, you really should! I would highly recommend it for all fans of YA. Hopefully, my quote will persuade you to pick this book up.


Seventeen-year-old Audrey Rose Wadsworth was born a lord's daughter, with a life of wealth and privilege stretched out before her. But between the social teas and silk dress fittings, she leads a forbidden secret life.

Against her stern father's wishes and society's expectations, Audrey often slips away to her uncle's laboratory to study the gruesome practice of forensic medicine. When her work on a string of savagely killed corpses drags Audrey into the investigation of a serial murderer, her search for answers brings her close to her own sheltered world. (synopsis from Goodreads)

"Wield your assets like a blade, Cousin. No man has invented a corset for our brains. Let them think they rule the world. It's a queen who sits on that throne. Never forget that. There's no reason you can't wear a simple frock to work, then don the finest gown and dance the night away. But only if it pleases you."
 There are two things I love about this quote. Firstly, the descriptions. I mean, "a corset for our brains" is one line I will not forget in quite a while. Second, the message it sends, and the whole book sends, is one I think is really important. If a girl or woman wants to wear jeans and a t-shirt, fine. If she wants to wear dresses, that's fine too. As long as it's what she wants. And this goes for everything else in the world, as well. I think it's important that society doesn't restrict anyone, be them girl or boy, from doing what they want, what makes them happy.

And that was that mini-rant. I'm sorry about that, but this is a subject that I feel very strongly about, so I just couldn't help it. Anyway, did I convince you to read the book? No? If I didn't, I'll just tell you again, and hope you listen this time: READ THIS BOOK! Seriously, I can't recommend it enough. I loved every moment of reading it, and I was hooked from the first sentence.

And that's it for today! Hope you liked my quote! Tell me your thoughts in the comments, and also let me know if you have another great quote you've read this week. I check your links, I love quotes, and think it's so much fun to read others' posts, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.