Tuesday 3 April 2018

In My Mailbox #5


Hey guys! I was lucky to receive a package from D.E. Night, author of Crowns of Croswald, recently, and let me tell you, it was such a fun surprise to get! Everything in it was super fun and cool and interesting, and all added something to the book. Even the packaging was so well thought-out. Keep reading to see what I got!



So first, there's this really cute little print. It's purple, which I love, and I absolutely love it. Then there's this Glanagerie that I got - don't know what that is? Neither did I, but there's an explanation later, so don't worry. It's blue and glittery - two very good things in my book - and even better - it glows! It's super cool! And since you may not know what a Glanagerie is, here's the description (I think it sounds like a really fun thing, by the way). I need a real working Glanagerie.

"A vessel full of charmed spring water. Invented by dwarves as a tool to develop and practice magical skills within the supposedly safe confines off imagined space. The glowing, vicious water magnifies magic and enables mythical scenarios concocted by the bottle's owner. The bottle's escapades and dramas are shaped by the owner's thoughts and only limited to his or her imagination. Popularized by Professor Filbert Fenix at the Halls of Ivy, glanagerie bottles are now widely recognized as a powerful teaching tool. However, the inherent danger of the bottles must not be underestimated."


There's also this letter from the author - it's really sweet, you guys! I loved reading it, and the little photos in the corners are also super cute. And finally, of course, the book. Crowns of Croswald sounds really awesome, and I'm so excited to read it! The story sounds unique and original. And the cover is gorgeous! Did you see that cover? And the back is equally beautiful! Plus, it's matte, and I have a weakness for matte covers.

And I noticed as I was rifling through the pages, that it was signed! Yes, signed! I squealed like a crazy baby seal (do seals squeal? Either way, it was loud and slightly crazed) when I saw it.


*more squealing ensues*

Also, I need to add, it was in such a fun little box - with books on it. Obviously, that can't go wrong. And it was wrapped in such pretty paper - a newspaper paper, with news from the world of Croswald, which also added a lot to the unboxing experience. That's what's in the background. I loved how everything was so connected to the book, and I feel like it all will add something to the reading experience. Plus, it was so much fun unboxing it and finding more things from the world. Without even having read the book, I'm already so in love with this world and I'm even more excited to read it soon! It's on the top of my TBR pile!

Have you guys gotten any bookish mail lately? Anything fun to share? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.