Thursday 24 November 2016

Review: Crystal Crowned (Air Awakens #5) by Elise Kova

The last book in the Air Awakens series was an amazing ending to an amazing series, and I will miss it so much. 

Title: Crystal Crowned
Author: Elise Kova
My rating: 5 hearts
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance
Pub. date: July 12th 2016
SynopsisLong live Solaris. 


One bloodthirsty ruler has been overthrown by another, casting the shadow of death over the Solaris Empire. Vhalla Yarl stands upon the stage of fate, prepared to do battle one final time. Fragile alliances will be tested and new bonds will be formed as the world is reshaped. She fights as the champion of peace, but when the night is darkest will she be able to pay the price of a new dawn? (synopsis from Goodreads)

I am absolutely in love with this book! It was an emotion-packed rollercoaster, and it kept you hooked throughout. I literally couldn’t put it away! It was as amazing as the rest of the series, and a perfect ending to the series.

   As you probably know by now, I love Elise Kova.

   Her books are absolutely amazing, with relatable characters, captivating plotlines and intricate world-building. Crystal Crowned was no exception. I love reading about Vhalla, her attitude is really great. I love how she never backs down from a challenge, and when faced with difficulties, she does her best, and when it doesn’t go her way, she learns from her mistakes and tries to make it better again. The character development is amazing, through all five books, she never stops learning and growing. It is really great to watch.

   Don’t get me started on Aldrik.  

   Oh my God, I love him. I had difficulty deciding if I wanted him and Vhalla to end up together, or if I wanted him for myself. Seriously, this guy! And he also really grows in this book, and throughout the series. I really loved watching him go from prince to Emperor, and I loved him even more (if that is even possible) at the end of the book than I did before.

   I will miss this world.

   I have really loved being in this world with Vhalla and Aldrik and everyone else, and I will miss it dearly. Kova really does a good job with the world-building, because I felt like I was in the book. We get to see more of the Solaris Empire in Crystal Crowned, and we finally get to see Vhalla’s home and meet her father. The writing is also amazing, and it, combined with the world-building, really captures the reader and makes it impossible to put it away.

   The plot was also great, and the ending was absolutely perfect. The plot-twists, and believe me, there were many, kept me on my toes throughout. There wasn’t a dull moment. Kova really succeeds in capturing the reader and keeping them hooked. I was also scared through most of the book, but was happy when the ending came.


   If you want something nice, slow and easy to put away, this is not the book for you. But for every Fantasy fan out there, I would definitely recommend this series. With characters that keep surprising you with how much they grow, plot twists that will make you dizzy, and world-building that will make you forget your own world, it is an amazing series and should be a priority, because you are seriously missing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.