Tuesday 10 January 2017

My Dream Convention

When I found this, I just thought why not? I've been looking for something new to post about, and this seemed fun, so here is my dream convention. I’d like to mention, before I start, that I’ve never been to any convention. Where I live, book conventions just don’t happen, so I haven’t been able to attend one yet.

   So, I decided to do a New Adult convention, because it’s still a fairly new genre, and, in my opinion, just as good as Young Adult.


   The first author I want to include is Jennifer L. Armentrout (surprise, surprise). Her wait for You series is what got me into reading NA in the first place, and it’s amazing. She writes about so many different people with different backgrounds and different lives, but one thing they have in common is that none of them are perfect, which is one of the reasons why I love them so much. In her series, she also writes about a lot of difficult stuff; everything from childhood trauma to bad self-esteem. I’d like to ask her about that, because she really writes about all kinds of problems. I’d also ask about her writing, because she really makes the characters come to life.

   The second author is not only one of my favorite NA authors, but one of my favorite authors EVER. E.J. Mellow, author of the Dreamland series. This series is a Fantasy Romance, and I love it beyond words. The plot is very unique, and the world is amazing. I would love to ask Mellow about where she got her idea about Terra, and also how she does to introduce it in such a lovely way. But most importantly I’d ask her about her writing. Her writing is absolutely magical, she writes Molly amazingly, and she really makes you forget that you’re reading. Writing like this is a booklovers dream.

   The last author is Cora Cormack, author of Rusk University and Losing It. In her series, she writes about very different people with very different lives and problems. She writes about amazing characters that you can really relate to, even if they’re nothing like you. One of the things I love about her books is the character development. It doesn’t matter what issues the characters have, they still grow a lot through the book, and I love that Carmack isn’t afraid of letting her characters make mistakes, but that they learn from their mistakes and grow because of it. That’s what I would ask her about.

   So that was my dream convention. As I mentioned, I’ve never been to one, because of distance, but I think it would be really cool to be to one, and I’d really like to see something about New Adult. I've found one site, Eventbrite, that is an event planning company that helps people plan events with their event planning software.

   What did you guys think? Would you visit my convention? Or do you have another dream convention? Share your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.