Thursday 26 January 2017

Thursday Quotables: Nowhere but Here (Thunder Road #1) by Katie McGarry


Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage discovered during your reading each week.  Whether it’s something funny, startling, gut-wrenching, or just really beautifully written, Thursday Quotables is where my favorite lines of the week will be, and you’re invited to join in!
   This week, I have two quotes that I really love from a book I've read before but reread now, namely Nowhere but Here. I really love this book a lot, and the other books in the series, and all her other books. McGarry always has some kind of message in her books, which is what makes them so awesome. There are also always great quotes that I think teach you something about life, and I love quotes like that. These two are no exception.

Nowhere but Here (Thunder Road #1)
by Katie McGarry
"All your mother ever did was run and all she's taught you is to run. Running is still running. It doesn't matter if it's a physical move from one place to another or if it's to within yourself."
This might be one of my favorite quotes ever. It's something I really agree with, and it was perfect for this book.
"The world is made of multiple pieces. All of them moving alongside each other, sometimes never touching. Coexisting, yet not. How many of us live our entire lives inside a single bubble? Maneuvering in what we believe is a forward direction when it's only in a circle among the same type of people."
 This is also a favorite of mine. I think it's definitely worth thinking about, and I love that some books have themes like these that teach you something about life. Because, to use another favorite quote of mine, "words have the power to change us" (The Infernal Devices), and that gives the authors a big responsibility. Books like this one are what I use for examples when  people ask me why it's good to read. Because it's not just about learning more words and becoming better at a language. Books can teach you a lot of things that are far more important than a language.

   If you read all that, and didn't skip the last part, thank you for reading my little rant. It's a subject I really care about, so if you want to discuss how reading is good and why people look down on readers, please comment. I'd love to discuss with you!

Now that that's out of the way, what did you think of my TQ? Did you like it? Or do you have another TG? Tell me your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Great selections! And interesting thoughts. If some people look down on readers, they're people I don't need in my life. :)

    Lisa @ Bookshelf Fantasies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree completely, reading is something to be proud of! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.