Thursday 10 May 2018

Blogger of the Month: Fey from Fey's Bookish World

Hey guys! I'm so excited to share this Blogger of the Month post with you today, featuring a really close friend of mine, an awesome blogger and bookstagrammer; Fey from Fey's Bookish World! Fey and I got acquainted through a mutual friend of ours, who thought I needed to make more friends, and that's how we started talking. She's a lovely girl, really sweet and fun to talk to, and her bookstagram is seriously beautiful. And her blog is awesome! Keep reading for my interview with her and all her links!



What book got you into reading as a habit? What about it made you want to continue reading?
Ever since I was tiny, my parents would read to me so I was always surrounded by books and libraries. But when I was ten I found this author called Roald Dahl. It blew my mind when I read The Witches. It was so scary but also really entertaining. I couldn't stop turning the pages! When I finished The Witches it was all I could think about. I had to have more! So, I picked up all of Roald Dahl's books, and more and more until I finally started a collection!  I loved that feeling of being in a different world. It's addictive!



What do you like to do apart from reading? What things can you not live without?

Music, art and gaming! When I'm not reading I'm most likely doing any of those hobbies. I find music and art really great ways to express myself.  and I love gaming when I want to fight bad guys! I would say I can't live without air... wow. kidding, I would probably say wifi. simply because I've made so many friends and I can have a platform to express myself with it. 


What is a book/series that you would recommend everyone to read? (I know this is a tough one to pick, so feel free to pick a few!)

Oof, that's a hard question! The top 5 books I normally recommend are Children of Blood and Bone Tomi Adeyemi, Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor, Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas and Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. 


What are your go-to authors when you want something you just know you're going to love? Whose books you automatically add to your TBR without even reading the synopsis? Why?

Two Words. Leigh and Bardugo.


How do you pick which book to read next?

I tend to go with what mood I'm in. But, recently it's been in order of "how much time do I have to review this?" kinda thing.


What made you want to start blogging?

when I started bookstagram, I saw a whole bunch of the huge bloggers had blogs or youtube channels. So, I thought I would make mt contribution and start a bookish blog!


What was the hardest part of starting your blog? What is the hardest part of blogging right now?

well, the hardest part for me was consistency. And it still is, really. at the moment I'm in a bit of a slump blogging-wise. But, I hope to fix that soon! 


What is your favourite part about blogging?

The community. I've made so many lifetime friends (including you) because of the bookstagram/blogging community. I'm so grateful to be a part of it!


What is your favourite kind of post? Why? 

I love reading posts about diverse books and why we need them. I also love blog posts about outfit inspirations based off of books. they're so cool!


Name some bloggers you'd love to meet in person!

There's so many, it's hard to pick! I'd love to meet them all! 


What is your favourite quote? What do you love about it?

"I won't let your ignorance silence my pain." - Tomi Adeyemi, Children of Blood and Bone
That quote hit. me. hard. I was so invested in the book and it was just a quote that really struck me. it's just beautiful.


What advice would you give to someone who's just starting their blog?
Don't give up. If things get tough or you feel like you're not getting enough views or soemthing. Just keep on psting because, like evrything in life, things go up and down. 


Hi there, my name is Fey Harper.
I’m 17 years old, from the UK and I’m a blogger/vlogger, I review books and I love photography and art. I have an Etsy shop TheBookishFey where I make and sell bookish bookmarks and prints. I’ve made over 100 sales since the beginning of 2017.


Links:
Blog ** Instagram ** Twitter ** Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disclaimer

I receive some books from authors, publishers and third party sites (such as Netgalley). This does in no way affect my opinion, and all thoughts expressed on this blog are unbiased and my own. I do not get compensated in any way or form.